The Irish Refugee Council’s mission is to promote and enhance the lives of refugees in Ireland. We are work to achieve this through producing policy, raising awareness and campaigning for a fairer, more transparent asylum system.
A Model Asylum System:
- A single protection procedure
- Clear, good quality and transparent decision-making
- Humane reception conditions, including the right to work
- Care for separated children on a par with that offered to Irish children in care
- Special consideration for the needs of vulnerable individuals and groups
- Effective remedies